Saturday, April 23, 2011

Show 'n Tell and Thank You's

Hello lovelies! I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend! This post is longggg over due. I best get it all posted before it is all outdated *grin*. So much to catch up on, so I finally got to taking pics and gathering the links I needed. Now the normal person might have done this in several timely posts..but..I never claimed to be normal ha!

First things first: The "One World One Heart" door prizes! I know a few of you wanted to see the custom ACEO I was to make along with the other goodies for the winner of my door prize Teresa over at http://ourknitalong.blogspot.com/ . So I decided to challenge myself and try to draw the four family members contributing to the blog. It was a challenge because I haven't had a lot of practice doing anything resembling a real person much less four! You can see the photos I used for reference on the left hand side of her blog. Here's what I came up with, I think it turned out pretty good :)



I have also been meaning to show off all of the goodies I won on my wonderful OWOH journey! I was waiting for all of the prizes to arrive, I know some had to travel a long way in the midst of weird weather etc. I think there is one more out there in the hands of the postal service, but I couldn't wait any longer so I will post another blog when that one arrives.

I won this beautiful glass hear necklace made by the talented Niky at http://silverniknats.blogspot.com

It's even more amazing in person, I LOVE glass!



I won this beautiful piece of altered art by Alicia at http://alteredbits.wordpress.com 

I *do* love anatomy and body parts! It fits in very well in my studio :)








Cindy over at http://plantslist.blogspot.com chose my lucky number to win this incredible "diptych". I had never heard of this before, it's the same size as an ACEO/ATC but with two parts! A "triptych" would be three parts and so on. I love this concept of bringing 3D life to ACEO art! Pictures can't really capture all the color and texture, but it's pretty amazing.





Here it is open.












I also won this cool polymer clay and beaded necklace from Iris over at http://msnovembertuesday.blogspot.com I knew I won her door prize but it was to be a surprise so I didn't know what it was until it arrived, I love surprises! Neat huh?







So that's it for the OWOH related stuff for now. Have you signed up for the newsletter for the next event?
It looks like it is going to be just as much fun! I know I'm going to try to participate again, as this was my first year and I really enjoyed meeting all of you!

Another exciting note, I was published in "Cloth Paper Scissors: Studios" Spring issue for one of my DIY organization projects.  I must say that I was completely tickled to be in the same issue with Ty Pennington woohooo! I also figured it would be a little blip on a page with several other projects..but I got an entire page!   So I better show this off, because it's almost time to the Summer issue to come out...yeah I procrastinate :) (Page. 27!!!)


Ok let's see..what else is going on...OH! I replied to a post on Maureen's Facebook page and she said I won a RAK! Oh boy! I love winning stuff! What's a RAK? LOL Now I know.."Random Acts of Kindness". I love it!  She sent me these wonderful art prints and cards.


Be sure to visit her shop HERE to see more of her fabulous art!

That's it for now..time to go cuddle with hubby and kitties!







3 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of yumminess. I was lucky enough to receive some gorgeous items too and I'm definitely playing along in the next one. So excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee! thank you for the comment about Ree's photo contest. I was so thrilled she chose one of mine.
    Sadly..no she has not returned..I am pretty heartbroken about it still. I was so touched that this was the pic that Ree chose. I have entered so many in her contests..I love that it was my sweet Tink! Thank you hon, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee,

    Thanks for having left a comment on my blog during the One World One Heart event. Maybe you want to check out my Oktoberfest giveaway (still open until October 2nd). It would be nice to welcome you back to my blog.

    Greetings from Munich, Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me darling! (July 11, 2013- Sorry for the inconvenience but Anonymous comments are temporarily disabled due to the large amount of spammers lately, we'll try it again later *smile*)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...